Resource Library - Inflammation
The inflammatory response is a normal reaction to injury, disease, viral and bacterial infections, and allergies. Once triggered, it sends cells and chemicals to the site to repair the damage. In other words, inflammation is part of your horse's immune system.
When inflammation exists for the long term, it can become problematic. This can be caused by elevation of key hormones, brought on my stress, obesity, Cushing's disease, and other biochemical disruptions within the body. This chronic inflammatory state can actually lead to further tissue damage throughout the brain and the body, causing disorders that can impact many vital systems.
The materials provided below give provide insight into the causes of chronic inflammation and how you can manage it and significantly improve your horse's life and vibrancy.
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. Inflammation and how to address is are discussed throughout the book.
- Consider Curcumin for Joint Inflammation
- Empty Fields Everywhere - Why Movement is So Important
- Obesity. The Real Cause. the Real Fix.
- Can the Damaged Insulin Resistant Horse be Fixed?
- Sugar Promotes Chronic Inflammation
- Colostrum - An Exceptional Superfood!
- Gas Colic - Common, but Preventable!
- Feeding Flaxseeds - Do You Have All the Facts?
- Non-GMO is NOT Necessarily Safe
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Chia Seeds - Nature's Tiny Miracle
- CBD for Horses - What You Can Expect
- Rhodiola rosea Controls Cortisol
- Black Oil Sunflower Seeds and Inflammation
- Healing Properties of Manuka Honey
- Turmeric is a Winning Supplement for Insulin Resistance
Research Reflections (Free)
- Prebiotics May Reduce Inflammation in Aging Horses
- Quercetin Exhibits Significant Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Impact of DHA Supplementation on Inflammation Reduction in Metabolic Horses
Interview Podcasts (Free)
Listen to Dr. Juliet Getty, special guest on Jim Swanner's, "All About Horses" radio program or Monty Roberts' Horsemanship radio as she discusses the following topic(s).
Recorded Seminars ($9.95 each)
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.