Resource Library - Behavior
Behavior is complex. It can reflect any circumstance where the horse feels threatened, can be a consequence of poor training, or in many cases, can be due to underlying illness or borderline nutritional deficiencies.
- Added Fat Improves Behavior
- The Correct Way to Use Slow Feeders
- Empty Fields Everywhere - Why Movement is So Important
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- CBD for Horses - What You Can Expect
- NEW!! Is Your Horse Happy - Five Considerations that Impact Your Horse's Mental Health
- Six Points to Consider Before Using a Calming Supplement
- Fat Calms Horse Behavior
- Measures to Reduce Cribbing
Research Reflections (Free)
Dr. Getty provides insights on relevant nutrition research and how it impacts your horses' health.
- Music Helps Horses Respond Better to Performance Demands
- Eye Blink Rate and Eyelid Twitches Can Measure Stress in Horses
Interview Podcasts (Free)
Listen to Dr. Juliet Getty, special guest on Jim Swanner's, "All About Horses" radio program or Monty Roberts' Horsemanship radio as she discusses the following topic(s).
Recorded Seminars ($9.95 each)
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. See Chapter 17 on "Stress and Behavior."
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.