Making Sense of It All
The teleseminar emphasizes:
- Interpreting percent crude protein, crude fat, crude fiber, etc.
- Interpreting ppm, mg, and IU of various vitamins and minerals
- When the feed company is giving you the exact ingredients and when they are choosing to keep the information "proprietary"
- What by-products are and their appropriateness for all horses
- What nutrients are provided by each feed ingredient
- What "red flags" you should be aware of
- What's on the front of the bag doesn't always match what's in the list of ingredients -- the effect of advertising
- Recommended feeding amounts vs what you're actually feeding
- Shelf life
- Feeds for seniors, performance, growth, maintenance -- their differences and similarities
- Low starch feeds are not all low enough in starch
- Chopped forages
- Hay replacers
- Hay analysis reports -- calories, digestibility, protein, fat, fiber, sugar, starch, fructans, mineral balances
Dr. Getty spends 90 minutes covering all of the above teleseminar topics, while answering the pre-submitted questions. As she goes through each question, additional information is interspersed so every listener benefits from the answer. At the end of the hour, the floor was opened up for any additional questions. Recorded 1/12/12.
How to Access Your Download
After purchasing the teleseminar, you will receive an email (during business hours) confirming your purchase and providing you with the website link and conference code to listen or download the mp3 file recording.
Please note that the teleseminars, webinars, and books are copyright protected. Sale, distribution, or presentation in a public format (including Facebook, Twitter, etc.) is prohibited.