Resource Library - Protein
Protein quality is far more important than protein quantity. To ensure adequate quality, it is best to provide a variety of protein sources.
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. "Chapter 4 - Fundamentals of Protein and Amino Acids" offers details on proteins in your horse's diet.
- A Close Look at Protein Quality
- Choose Hemp Instead of Soy
- Protein - What are the Best Sources?
- The Secret to Healthy Horses? Keep it Simple!
- Do You Need to Analyze Your Hay?
- Feeding Flaxseeds - Do You Have All the Facts?
- Four Directions Amino Acids Can Take - The Importance of Feeding Several Protein Sources
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Chia Seeds - Nature's Tiny Miracle
- Topline Loss - How Nutrition Can Help
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.