Resource Library - Performing/Working Horses
Movement, along with a steady supply of forage, is the foundation of your horse's well-being. Add in the extra demands of training, exercise, travel, and potential isolation, and your horse's health demands become exponentially higher.
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. See "Chapter 20 - Athletes" for details on how to manage performing/working horses.
- Feeding the Top Performer
- Three Non-So-Common Myths
- Empty Fields Everywhere - Why Movement is So Important
- Do You Need to Analyze Your Hay?
- Colostrum - An Exceptional Superfood!
- Gas Colic - Common, but Preventable!
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Chia Seeds - Nature's Tiny Miracle
- CBD for Horses - What You Can Expect
- Salt vs Electrolyte Supplements for Horses
- Salt, Not Electrolyte Supplements, Needs More Attention During Hot Months
- Flax, Chia, or Fish Oil - Which is Best for Omega 3s?
Interview Podcasts (Free)
Listen to Dr. Juliet Getty, special guest on Jim Swanner's, "All About Horses" radio program or Monty Roberts' Horsemanship radio as she discusses the following topic(s).
Recorded Seminars ($9.95 each)
- Optimizing the Equine Athlete's Performance - A Nutritional Perspective
- Ulcers - Prevention and Cure
- Understanding and Avoiding Colic
- Water, Salt, and Electrolyte Supplements - What You Need to Know
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.