Supplies three types of Omega 3s: ALA from Flax and Fenugreek, along with DHA and EPA from Fish Oils.
All sizes with Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. (FedEx Ground *)
Omega 3-F by Kauffman's for Performance
Kauffman's Omega-3F is a unique, premium source of Omega-3 fatty acids for equine that features our proprietary blend of flaxseed, fish oil and fenugreek (3F). We have combined flaxseed and fish oil into a highly palatable, balanced source of Omega-3 fatty acids for high performance equine athletes, as well as horses provided hay and grain without significant access to pasture.
Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) is an Omega 3 fatty acid that is an integral component of phospholipids in the brain and retina of mammals, and because of these roles, its deficiency is associated with cognitive (i.e., perception, thought, etc.) decline. Furthermore, DHA (a significant fatty acid in fish oil) has been shown to have anti-inflammatory activity and may have a protective effect on the heart.
Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) is also an Omega 3 fatty acid that has been shown to have beneficial effects on the brain, nervous system, and mental conditions.
Alpha-Linolenic Acid (ALA) is an essential fatty acid, meaning the horse cannot produce it -- it must be in the diet. ALA is involved in immune system function, blood vessel integrity, respiration, and hormonal balance. It is found in high quantities in flax seed and fenugreek seed.
Flax Seed, ground; Yeast Culture; Fish Oil; Fenugreek Seed, ground; Calcium Silicate; and Natural Mixed Tocopherols.
- Foals: one scoop (one ounce) over daily feed
- Weanlings: two scoops (two ounces) over daily feed
- Yearlings: three scoops (three ounces) over daily feed
- Broodmares and Stallions: four to six scoops (four to six ounces) over daily feed at least 60 days prior to and 30 days after breeding
- Performance Horses: two to six scoops (two to six ounces) over daily feed at least 30 days prior to and throughout training and competition.
- The enclosed measure holds approximately one ounce by weight - 28.4 grams - when level full.
- Inner liner should be re-sealed after each use, and Omega-3-F should be stored in a cool place. To ensure freshness, purchase only sufficient amount to feed in 60 days or less after opening the container.
Per ounce (28.4 grams):
- Crude Protein: 3.6g (13%)
- Fat, min: 10.2 g (36%)
- Total Omega 3s: 4075 mg (14.37%)
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): 450 mg (1.59%)
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA): 600 mg (2.12%)
Sizing, Price and Serving Details
All sizes with Free Shipping in the Continental U.S. (FedEx Ground*)
- 4 lb pail - 64 one-scoop servings; 16 4-scoop servings $51.95
- 8 lb pail - 128 one-scoop servings; 32 4-scoop servings $77.95
- 16 lb pail - 256 one-scoop servings; 64 4-scoop servings $129.95
* Kauffman's Omega-3-F is shipped via FedEx Ground within 1 to 2 days of your order. Free Shipping is available within the continental U.S. Shipping to Hawaii or Alaska requires additional shipping costs. Please email GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001 for a shipping quote to these areas. Sorry, no international shipping available at this time.