Resource Library - Pasture
Fresh, living, healthy grasses are the best whole food you can provide for your horse. Chock full of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and proteins, they are truly all your horse needs to maintain health (with a little added salt and plenty of water).
If your horse is fortunate enough to have access to a healthy pasture, below you'll find information on how to make it feasible for your horse to enjoy it.
- Testing Your Pasture - For Peace of Mind
- Pasture, for the Insulin Resistant Horse?
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Horses that Graze on Pasture 24/7 Eat More Slowly
- Add a Serving of Caution to that Tender Spring Grass
- Piles of Grass Clippings are NO Treat for Your Horse!
- Beware of Fall Pasture - Laminitis Risk Increases!
Interview Podcasts (Free)
Listen to Dr. Juliet Getty, special guest on Jim Swanner's, "All About Horses" radio program or Monty Roberts' Horsemanship radio as she discusses the following topic(s). Recordings are each 30 minutes in length.
- "Pasture - Is it Good for YOUR Horse?" - Interview with Jim Swanner
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.