Resource Library - Immunity
Your horse's immune system is essential to survival. Without it, his body would be vulnerable to bacteria, viruses, parasites, allergens, and more. A healthy immune system relies on a vast number of cells, organs, tissues, and antibodies to distinguish between what belongs in your horse's body and what is invading it.
Nutrients, in particular antioxidants and those with anti-inflammatory properties, should be added to the diet to protect your horse through vulnerable circumstances and life stages.
In addition to environmental factors, stress and the resulting hormones, can also have a significant impact on the horse's ability to resist infections. This is why we need to do our utmost to allow our horses to be as they are meant to be -- horses!
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. See "Chapter 16 - Immunity Issues" for details on this important topic.
- Prevent an EHV Outbreak by Protecting Your Horse's Immune Function
- The Secret to Healthy Horses? Keep it Simple!
- Empty Fields Everywhere - Why Movement is So Important
- Do You Need to Analyze Your Hay?
- Sugar Promotes Chronic Inflammation
- Colostrum - An Exceptional Superfood!
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Chia Seeds - Nature's Tiny Miracle
- CBD for Horses - What You Can Expect
- Rhodiola rosea Controls Cortisol
- Reduce Risk of Infection When Traveling
- Healing Properties of Manuka Honey
- Flax, Chia, or Fish Oil - Which is Best for Omega 3s?
Research Reflections (Free)
Recorded Seminars ($9.95 each)
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.