Resource Library - Exercise
At its basic level, exercise simply means "movement." Certainly this can be accomplished via training and performing. But grazing and walking from here to there can accumulate many steps over the course of the day. Confinement inhibits movement, going against the very nature of your horse. Below are articles that highlight how movement is so valuable for your horse's overall mental and physical well-being.
- Empty Fields Everywhere - Why Movement is So Important
- Every Horse Needs These Five Things
- Gas Colic - Common, but Preventable!
- Winter Freedom!
- Whole Food Options to Boost Protein Quality
- Salt vs Electrolyte Supplements for Horses
- Quality of Life for the Overweight, Insulin-Resistant Horse
"Feed Your Horse Like A Horse" (starting at $57.95)
- Dr. Getty's comprehensive reference offering you information on a vast variety of topics. See Chapter 10 - Athletes.
Forage for Thought Newsletter (Free)
To receive free bi-monthly articles and news to help meet your horse's nutritional needs, consider subscribing to Forage for Thought - Dr. Getty's email newsletter. You may opt-in here - and may unsubscribe at any time.