Why Choose Cold-Milled Flax Pax by Outlaw Feed?
Cold milled flax is a beneficial, nutrient-dense feed ingredient for all animals and an excellent source of the essential fatty acids (EFAs) provided by Omega-6 and Omega-3 fat. EFAs are required for satisfactory health but are unable to be naturally produced by the animal and need to be added to the diet. Including these EFAs in your animal's diet may help maintain a healthy skin and coat, support a strong immune system, maintain healthy joints and muscles, and promote healthy digestion.
Outlaw Feed is an animal feed company committed to loyalty, character, and integrity to provide our customers with first-class solutions to their feeding needs.
Benefits of Cold Milled Flax:
Cold milled flax has shown a number of benefits which can translate into healthier animals:
- Improves coat quality/shine
- Helps reduce joint inflammation
- Helps reduce chances of laminitis
- Helps alleviate pruritus (itching)
- Improves digestion
Each pack contains 113.5 grams (4 ounces by weight) of cold milled ground flaxseeds. Volume is 8 fluid ounces, which when weighed, provides 4 ounces of ground flax.
Every order contains 30 individually wrapped packs - 113.5 gram (4 ounces by weight) - of naturally cold milled flax.
- For a full-sized horse of good weight, feed one pack per day. Can be divided between meals.
- Reduce the amount for smaller breeds or for overweight horses.
- Increase the amount for larger breeds or for underweight horses.
- Can also be increased in cases where the horse is suffering from allergies or skin/hair disorders.
- If your horse is not accustomed to eating flax, introduce it to the diet slowly, building up the the full amount over 7 to 10 days.
- Protein (min) 20%
- Fat (min) 35%
- Fiber 15%
- Omega 3 18% -- each pack provides approximately 24000 mg of omega 3 Alpha Linolenic Acid (ALA)
- Omega 6 -- each pack provides approximately 6400 mg of omega 6 Linoleic Acid
The Omega 3 to Omega 6 ratio in ground flax is approximately 3.75 to 1, which mimics what is found in natural living pasture grasses.
Storage: Store in a cool, dry place. Has a 2 year shelf life.
Sizing, Price and Serving Details
- 30 day supply (30 packs) $44.95 (ships via USPS)
- Buy Two 30-day and SAVE! $78.95
- 120 day supply (Four 30-pack bags) $135.95
- Buy Two 120-day and SAVE! $260.95
All sizes with Free Shipping (via UPS or USPS) * see below
* Flax Pax are shipped via UPS or USPS within 2 days of your order. Free Shipping is within the continental U.S. Shipping to Alaska or Hawaii will be charge separately. Sorry, no international orders at this time. Please email GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001 for exact shipping charges prior to ordering.
Interested in Auto-Ship?