TractGard: GI Tract Re-hydrator, Antacid & Digestaid - Effective against Colic and Ulcers
What is TractGard™ ? This product is a pelleted Equine GI tract rehydrator, antacid and digestaid. Designed by Melyni Worth, an equine nutritionist, to help with excess acidity following grain feeding and to increase fluid retention in the GI tract.
TractGard will NOT interfere or react with other supplements.
- Before shipping or showing; At strange show grounds or other places where your horse may not drink.
- For those chilly nights in the fall or spring when horses do not drink well.
- Any time your horse may be a risk for colic - such as, but not limited to, stress.
- Best fed with grain ration: It helps to minimize acidity from excess grain.
- Contains Diamond V Yeast, which will improve digestion of fiber and protein.
- Get peace of mind knowing that your horse will drink which will keep his digesta more fluid.
- Easy to feed pelleted formula. Just add to grain ration.
Designed to Pull Water into the GI Tract & to Buffer Excess Acids
TractGard is a mix of mineral salts and electrolytes, designed to pull water into the GI tract and to buffer excess acids. Diamond V yeast to help with good digestion and Linseed meal to provide mucilage to keep the stools soft. Diamond V also helps with fiber and protein digestion which should result in improved weight gain, coat condition and hoof growth with regular use of the TractGard.
TractGard will cause your horse to drink and hence keep more water available for digestion. Especially useful in the fall and spring when horses often typically do not drink well. Make sure fresh water is available to horses getting TractGard.
It keeps the digesta more fluid, and therefore minimizes or prevents impaction colics. You will need to monitor carefully your horse's stools and water consumption, at least in the beginning. The more fluid digesta may result in more fluid stools, but this is only a temporary effect. If the stools are too loose, then decrease the dosage of TractGard.
- Calcium Carbonate (40% elemental calcium)
- Sodium Bicarbonate (40% sodium)
- Magnesium Sulfate (10% elemental magnesium)
- Distillers Grains
- Diamond V Yeast
- Linseed Meal
Nutritional Analysis, per ounce:
- Calcium: 1120 mg
- Sodium: 1680 mg
- Magnesium: 280 mg
- Start out with about 1/2 tablespoonful (1/4 oz.) per day, then increase to up to 1/2 - 1 oz. per meal (1 to 2 Tablespoons).
- You can go up to six tablespoonfuls, but experiment at the recommended increments with your horse to find what dosage suits him best.
- TractGard is designed to be fed on a daily basis but can be fed on an as-needed basis quite safely.
Sizing, Price and Serving Details
5 lb bag $43.95 40 two-ounce servings
- 14 lb Pail $96.95 112 two-ounce servings
- Order TWO 14 lb Pails and save. $182.95 224 two-ounce servings
- 50 lb Bag $253.95 400 two-ounce servings.
* TractGard is shipped via UPS within two days. Free shipping is offered anywhere within the U.S. (Hawaii and Alaska are shipped via U.S. Postal Service). Please email GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001 before ordering for a shipping quote to these areas. Sorry, no international orders. For dealer contacts in Canada, please contact Dr. Getty.
Interested in Auto-Ship?
Send Getty Equine Nutrition an email at GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001.