Reverse/Prevent Equine Gastric Ulcers
Starting Gate Nutritional Granules is a natural food additive (lecithin plus pectin) that optimizes nutritional absorption for better health. It contains phosphatidyl choline, a phospholipid that strengthens and guards the epithelial tissue that lines the gastrointestinal tract against stomach acid damage. The granules have been shown to prevent and even reverse equine gastric ulcers, which exist in vast majority of performance horses, and those horses who are stalled.
The phospholipids in Starting Gate Nutritional Granules act as a short term barrier to acid in the squamous region of the stomach. They replace the phospholipids that are damaged due to the reduced prostaglandin production resulting from the administration of NSAID pain relievers.
Ulcers are serious -- leading to poor appetite, dullness, attitude changes, decreased performance, poor body condition, rough hair coat, poor hoof growth, weight loss and colic.
If you are currently using a ulcer medication (such as UlcerGard or GastroGard) you can use Starting Gate at the same time while weaning off of the ulcer medication.
Articles that will help you
- "Is Your Horse on Bute? Consider Something Other than Omeprazole to Prevent Ulcers" by Dr. Juliet M. Getty
- "Natural Treatment for Gastric Ulcers in Horses" by Dr. Richard Shakalis
Watch a testimonial video
Food Grade soy lecithin, mixed phospholipids, tricalcium phosphate
1/2 to 1 cup per 1,000 lb horse.
- 2 level Tablespoons (one fluid ounce) weighs 15 grams
- 1/2 cup (4 fluid ounces) provides 60 grams
- 3/4 cups (6 fluid ounces) provides 80 grams
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces) provides 120 grams.
Recognized as a safe food additive by the FDA, European Union and World Health Organization.
Now available in one gallon containers
Smaller size offers several advantages:
- Transporting Horses - It is a generally accepted theory that stress on horses being transported can induce symptoms of gastric ulcers. Starting Gate is a safe & inexpensive natural alternative to acid blocking drugs when transporting horses for short term trips. The smaller container stores more easily than 5 gallon pails when traveling and can stay fresher longer.
- Signs of ulcers - Horses who exhibit signs of ulcers may first wish to try a gallon size before ordering larger quantities. Signs include poor appetite, dullness, attitude changes, decreased performance, poor body condition, rough hair coat, poor hoof growth, weight loss, intermittent colic, and diarrhea. The ingredients in Starting Gate are well documented to help reverse these conditions resulting from gastric equine ulcers.
- Testing Palatability - The palatability of Starting Gate on horses is excellent. However, customers with horses that are finicky eaters may prefer to test the palatability of the product with a gallon before ordering the larger 5 gallon pail.
Please note: Starting Gate is a whole food and is not refundable. When introducing it to your horse, start with a tiny amount, 1/2 teaspoon, to allow for your horse to get used to the taste and texture. It is quite palatable, but every horse is different. Adding some water or unsweetened juice may be helpful if your horse is taking some time to get adjusted to the new taste.
Sizing, Price and Serving Details
- 1.1 Gallon New Larger size! (4.125 lbs) -- $99.95 (21 day supply at 3/4 cup/day; 32 day supply at 1/2 cup/day)
- Two 1.1 Gal containers -- $192.95 (42 day supply at 3/4 cup/day; 64 day supply at 1/2 cup/day)
- Case of Four 1.1 Gal containers -- $285.95 (84 day supply at 3/4 cup/day; 128 day supply at 1/2 cup/day)
- One 5-gallon pail -- $297.95 (106 day supply of 3/4 cup/day; or 160 day supply at 1/2 cup/day)
- Buy Two 5-Gallon pails and Save -- $575.95 (212 day supply at 3/4 cup/day; 320 day supply at 1/2 cup/day)
*Starting Gate is shipped via UPS Ground or USPS within 2 days of your order. Free Shipping is within the continental U.S. One 1.1 Gallon can also be shipped free of charge to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. Other sizes/quantities will incur additional shipping charges to these areas. Sorry, no international orders are available at this time. Please email GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001 for the exact shipping charges prior to ordering for Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico.