Slow Feed Pasture in a Net
Freedom Feeder is the original slow feed hay net in the USA which creates a feeding system. Freedom Feeder allows your horses to have the closest thing to pasture in an environment which is void of regular pasture. It helps horses live happier, healthier lives by allowing horses to graze in a natural fashion by providing forage 24/7. This reduces ulcers, colic, boredom, stall vices, as well as stress reduction, and saves money on wasted hay. When horses are provided with a steady flow of forage, they are given the opportunity to reset their natural instincts and will start to self-regulate their intake. The result is slower feeding and eating only what their body's need to maintain condition.
Creating stations encourages your horses to move from net to set, self-exercising and stimulating natural behavior. Even in a 12X24 stall, put one at either end of the stall. The smaller mesh size trains horses to slow down, thereby simulating natural grazing.
Freedom Feeder nets are regularly recommended by veterinarians, equine hospitals, and equine nutritionists.
P. Ackerman, from Colorado, had this to say about Freedom Feeders:
"We already have three of your feeders in use. The ones we have in the barn work great! One is being used for an overweight horse, to cut down her intake, one for an injured horse so she always have something to eat and stays calm, and one for a horse with Ulcers so he always has feed. We are converting our pasture horses to these feeders so they do not have long periods without feed and reduce the threat of more severe ulcers. We plan on ordering more. These feeders are highly effective and have improved the well-being of horses with all kinds of different problems."
Available Net Styles
- Trailer Mini Net - Designed for the trailer, or the miniature horse. It has 1" or 1.5" mesh openings, measures 2.6' X 2' and holds up to 13 pounds of hay. Comes with a large carabiner for hanging and a spares kit with repair cord.
- Day Net - Designed for a full day of hay. It has 1" or 1.5" mesh openings, measures 40" X 30" and holds up to 25 pounds of hay. Comes with a large carabiner for hanging and a spares kit with repair cord.
- 2 String Extended Day Small Net - This net is designed mostly for stall use or to create movement by spreading out feeding stations in your herd. It comes in both 1" and 1.5" mesh openings, measures 4' X 3" and holds approximately 8 flakes, or 50 pounds, or a 2-String Bales of hay. It should last an average 1000 lb horse about 48 horse, once the horse is transitioned. You will top this off every 2 days. Comes with 4 break-away carabiners for closure, 2 for hanging. Spares kit with 2 optional cords for hanging or using to weave through the top to use as a traditional drawstring bag, 1 replacement break-away carabiner, and a repair cord.
- 3-String Bale Net - This net is designed like a pillow case to carry an entire 110 pound bale of hay. It has either 1" or 1.5" mesh openings depending on customer choice. Measures 5.5' X 4' and closes on the short end using parachute cord to weave the top closed. A full 3-string bale should last an average 1000 lb horse 5-7 days once the horse is transitioned. Comes with 2 break-away carabiners for hanging, spares kit with 2 optional cords for hanging or using to weave through the top to use as a traditional drawstring bag, 1 replacement break-away carabiner, and a repair cord
- Round Bale Net - Comes in 1 7/8" mesh openings. Available in 4 feet, 5 feet, and 6 feet sizes (the 6 foot size will fit a 4' X 8' Square bale)
*Freedom Feeders are shipped either by FedEx or US Postal Service within 3 days of your order. Free Shipping is within the continental U.S. only. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or international locations will be charged separately. Please email GettyEquineNutrition@gmail.com or call 940-272-0001 for the exact shipping charges prior to ordering for Alaska, Hawaii, or international locations.