Talk to Dr. Getty
In her consultations, Dr. Getty spends as much time with you as needed to get all your questions answered, and customizes a plan that meets your needs as well as the horse's. Certainly, the horse's health and welfare are primary goals, but often there is more than one way to accomplish these goals. This is why Dr. Getty works with you to set up a plan that fits in with your lifestyle, budget, and time constraints.
How to Book A Consult & What to Expect
Here's how to set up a consultation. It's real simple...
- Contact Dr. Getty either by email or via the contact form. Please be sure to include your phone number and time zone.
- She will contact you within 48 hours (often less than that) to coordinate a time that is best for her to call you. Her email address is: email@example.com.
- Consultations are offered mainly on Tuesdays, with an occasional Monday. Currently Dr. Getty is not taking any new clients.
Consultation Fees & Length
- Her fee is very reasonable: $300 per hour, prorated based on the actual amount of time you need (this includes going over all your materials ahead of time, and a comprehensive email following the visit with descriptions and recommendations). You will be asked for a credit/debit card prior to visiting.
- Most first visits take one to 1 1/2 hours, depending on your horse's circumstances.
- For groups of horses, more than one visit may be required.
- Follow-up visits are also $300/hour, though they generally take less time and the fee will be prorated to reflect the actual amount of time visiting.
- For INTERNATIONAL consultations, the fee is the same if you are able to call Dr. Getty or visit via Skype, Facebook, or email. Please contact Dr. Getty for the best venue: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your entire consultation may encompass:
- Preparation, researching the details of your horse including reviewing supplied blood work results, analysis reports, current feeding evaluation, and appropriateness for your horse's situation.
- Phone conversation (which typically takes 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your needs) discussing your horse's circumstances, in detail (Skype consultations are also available for international clients)
- Developing a comprehensive, customized feeding plan to reverse illness and maintain health.
- Mineral balance evaluation (if needed), reviewing major and trace minerals of the entire diet
- Evaluating your forage (pasture and hay) for feed value, sugar/starch levels, calories, mineral balance, and suitability for your horse (assuming you have had these forages analyzed)
- A summary of recommendations, provided via email following the visit.
- Emails with brief follow-up questions are generally answered at no additional charge. However, charges will be incurred for time to go over blood tests or hay analysis reports that are submitted after the phone visit. Also, if the scope of your email is broad enough to require more than 5 minutes to re-evaluate your circumstances, you will be asked to make an appointment for a brief follow-up visit, or if it can be done via email, your credit card on record will be charged for the additional time ($75 per 15 minutes, prorated).
If you need to cancel, please provide notice 24 hours in advance. A $100 fee will be charged for not showing up for an appointment and prepayment for future appointments will be required.