Before Your Visit with Dr. Getty
Please Review the Following Before Your Consultation
Dr. Getty will not be accepting new clients through the remainder of 2020. Please check back in January.
Before visiting with Dr. Getty, it is important that you grasp the importance of keeping forage (hay and/or pasture) flowing through the digestive tract at all times.
This is the very foundation of your horse's health and must be met before any other feeding plan can be implemented.
You will find a variety of articles on free-choice feeding and dealing with obesity (if this is a concern for your horse) in Dr. Getty's Resource Library, which you are encouraged to read before any others.
Recommended Reading List
- Respect the Power of the Horse's Instincts
- Free Choice Forage Feeding - Beyond the Basics
- Restricting Forage is Incredibly Stressful
- The Secret to Healthy Horses? Keep it Simple!
- The Correct Way to Use Slow Feeders
- The Overweight Horse Who Won't Stop Eating - Leptin Resistance is the Key!
- Obesity. The Real Cause. The Real Fix.
- Can the Damaged Insulin Resistant Horse be Fixed?