Chock Full'a Chia Biscuits - Pure Form Equine
Highly palatable Chia Biscuit - excellent for a treat, or for supplementing Chia Seeds. Special hole for administering medication. Made from Non-GMO and certified organic chia!
Each biscuit contains 4 teaspoons of chia seeds (1 1/3 tablespoons or approximately 20 grams). 90 count bags. Seven varieties. ESC + Starch from 4.4% to 12.9%.
All varieties with Free Shipping in Continental U.S. (via USPS)*----
7 Tasty Flavors - from 4.4% to 12.9% ESC + Starch
Chia is Non-GMO and Certified Organic! Including "Sea Biscuit" that offers added spirulina and Manuka honey** for protecting immune function:
- Carrot Cake. Excellent for insulin resistant horses. ESC + Starch = 4.4%. View Label.
- Blueberry Apple Spice. Excellent for insulin resistant horses. ESC + Starch = 5.4%. View Label.
- Papaya Panacea. Excellent for gastric support. ESC + Starch = 6.2%. View Label.
- NEW! Prickly Pearadise from the Nopales Cactus. Amazing biochemical impact on blood glucose levels. Perfect for IR and Cushing's. ESC + Starch = 6.7%. View Label.
- Sea Biscuit - wonderful for allergies, infections, or issues with immune function. Contains Spirulina and Manuka Honey. ESC + Starch = 10%. View Label.
- Sweet Potato/Fig. ESC + Starch = 12.4%. View Label.
- Mint Julep. ESC + Starch = 12.9%. View Label.
A Superior Nutraceutical that Feeds Like A Treat
Our philosophy: Sometimes less is more.
While nutritional needs vary from horse to horse depending on age, work, availability of quality forage, etc., there are some dietary constants. Chia seeds are one of the few supplemental foods that are appropriate for every stage and age of a horse's life. Chock Full'a Chia is a superior nutraceutical that feeds like a treat.
Benefits of Adding Chia to Your Horse's Diet
- Highly palatable and easy to digest
- Buffers stomach acids that cause ulcers
- High quality protein source
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Rich in antioxidants
- Immune modulating properties
- 3:1 Omega 3 to Omega 6; anti-inflammatory
- Supports healthy skin and hair
- Helps prevent sand colic
- Hydrophilic to help prevent dehydration and electrolyte imbalance
- Low in sugar, starch and sodium
- Slows process of sugar absorption
- Helps regulate blood sugar spikes
- Suitable for Cushing's and IR horses
- Supports healthy bone growth
- Helps repair and maintain cell walls
We have not yet found a horse who does not love these as treats, but we have encountered some horses who are suspicious when they encounter the new shape, taste and texture. If your horse spits the biscuit out offer it again over the course of a couple of days to allow them the opportunity to feel and taste the difference. A dab of molasses or honey in the pill hole is sometimes all it takes to get them to recognize this as exciting and interesting new food.
This is an all natural product with no artificial ingredients or preservatives. To maintain shelf life store in a cool and dry location. (May be frozen to extend shelf life. Thaw for 10 min. before serving.)
** Spirulina is a blue green algae used as a protein and dietary source by the WHO. Laboratory experiments with spirulina document in-vitro and in-vivo anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating effects. *IgE is the antibody responsible for allergic reactions and spirulina has been shown to shift antibody class toward IgG and IgA and away from IgE. Our Chock Full'a Chia Sea Biscuit with Manuka Honey has relieved hives and respiratory allergies in some horses and brought resolution of severe aural plaques in a 14 year old Morgan gelding who had not allowed his ears to be handled for 7 years. For this reason, where horses are showing symptoms of allergic immune responses, feeding spirulina may bring them relief. Spirulina is recognized for a high safety profile when grown and harvested properly. At Pure Form Equine we carefully source our Spirulina to make sure it is organically grown and harvested without chemicals to avoid introducing harmful toxins into a horse's diet. *
Sizing, Price and Serving Details
Each biscuit contains 4 teaspoons of chia seeds (1 1/3 tablespoons or approximately 20 grams)
90 count bags: $55.95
- Blueberry Apple Spice
- Carrot Cake
- Sweet Potato Fig
- Mint Julep
90 count bag: $63.95
- Papaya Panacea
- Prickly Pearadise
90 count bag: $69.85
- Sea Biscuit with Spirulina/Manuka Honey
- Chopped Sea Biscuit with Spirulina/Manuka Honey (great as a top dressing or to familiarize your horse to this flavor. "Chopped" only available for the Sea Biscuits.
*Chock Full'a Chia by Pure Form Equine is shipped via USPS within 3 days of your order. Free Shipping is within the continental U.S. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada will be charged separately. Sorry, no international orders except to Canada. Please email or call 940-272-0001 for assistance or Email: Gettyequinenutrition@gmail.com
Interested in Auto-Ship?